Bryant and Lucy Kate have both been seen by a pediatric opthomologist since they were premature. Lucy Kate checked out good but we have continued to take Bryant due to some weakness. This past week our appointment revealed that he is far sided (in babies this means they have trouble seeing close up and far away) and would be needing glasses. In the grand scheme of life this is not a big deal, but I just started to cry about the diagnosis. Just once I want to go to the doctor and everything check out well for little Bryant. As soon as we got home I went to Cooper Pang Eye Clinic and they ordered different sizes and styles. For a child this young the options are very limited and it really is not about the look as much as what will last and work best. We went to try them on Friday and I started crying again, this is so hard for me and I just want him to get past all of this. The picture below shows the glasses he will be getting and he will also be getting prescription sunglasses for the pool and beach. Please pray that the glasses will be temporary and that his eyes will self correct.
9 comments:
Awe, I can only imagine how you must be feeling as a mother. Pepper's cousin (that is her age) has cross eyes and has worn glasses for almost his whole life already. She has talked about how hard it was to find cute little boy glasses but MAN, he is the cutest thing ever in those glasses, as will Bryant!!!!!
I love them. I know its hard to see the first time....but they are adorable!
He looks sooooo cute! I know it has to be hard though even something minor like that. Hey, I wear contacts and can't see well without them! Love you bunches!!
He looks like such a little man in his glasses. Later, you will be so glad you went ahead and put him in glasses. My mom had to fight me daily for years to put drops in my eyes and sometimes I had to wear a patch, but if she hadn't worked through her heartbreak to do it I'd probably be blind.
Hey girl!
Well I feel so sorry for you because I know how you must be feeling! I can only imagine going to the doctor and every time it being something different to worry about it, but please Lesley just know that God has given Bryant to you for a reason and that he will never give you anything you can't get through! He is such a blessing and will have such an amazing life testimony someday thanks to having you two as parents!! I think he is the most adorable thing EVER!!! I'm praying for you sweet girl!
Bless all of your hearts! I know you feel like this is a never ending story but let me just say bryant is absolutely adorable in those glasses!! You know all of you are always in our prayers and we love you guys!
Lesley, we will be thinking about you all and those precious babies but i do think he looks adorable. he has so much personality and character anyway and this only adds to his sweetness! I cannot imagine all you have gone through but this too shall pass and it will all be okay! We love you all!
I love to reading your blog and seeing how much progress your precious babies are making. They are so cute and I think he looks adorable in the glasses!
-Laurin (Ginger's friend)
I love to reading your blog and seeing how much progress your precious babies are making. They are so cute and I think he looks adorable in the glasses!
-Laurin (Ginger's friend)
Post a Comment