Wednesday, March 26, 2008

1 Week in the NICU- March 25th

Today was a busy day and so special. Brother Jim was able to come to the hospital and pray over Lucy Kate and Bryant and gave Charles and I such a calm and peaceful feeling. We are part of such a wonderful church and we are so thankful each and everyday. Our next visitor was one of my best friends Landon and it was so great to see her. She was able to see Lucy Kate and Bryant and I enjoyed the visit so much. After that we met with a Baptist medical supplie rep to learn how to use the sleep apnea monitor that we will be using at home with Lucy Kate. It is very simple to use and not a big deal, it just seems so strange that we will have to have this hooked up to her all the time. Next, Mom, Charles and I took a CPR class just in case we need to use it in the future. We also met with the physical therapists and she explained how they work with preemies. Lucy Kate and Bryant are on task with there goals and we will have a follow up visit at the end of May. Charles left around 5 and of course I am so sad when he leaves but he likes to be at our house at night. Today was the first day that Bryant has had clothes on and he is attempting to maintain his own body temperature. The NICU has clothes that they put the babies in and of course I asked if I could bring them some cute clothes. The nurse said I could but it would be no guarantee that I would get it back. I guess we will have to wait until they get out of the NICU to dress cute! Our great friends the Bennetts came to visit and Dixie and Kerri were so excited to see the babies. Dixie started crying in the NICU because she just can't stand to hear babies cry. They brought us some great happies and we really appreciate them driving all that way to see the babies for just a few minutes. The nurse said that Bryant will be getting moved to a big boy crib during the night, so we will see tomorrow.




Brother Jim prayed over Bryant


Brother Jim prayed over Lucy Kate
Bryants first time in clothes
Landon and I with Lucy Kate

Bryant working with the physical therapy
Dixie loving Lucy Kate
Kerri with Bryant

No comments: