Wednesday, March 26, 2008

1 week and 1 day in the NICU- March 26th

Every night I call the NICU between 2:30 and 4:00, depends on when I wake up. Well when I called in the early morning hours the nurse informed me that Lucy Kate was not interested in her bottle and was not eating the required amount. This meant she was going to have to put in a feeding tube and I just started crying. I just felt like we were back tracking and I am so ready to take them home. When I arrived around 10:00 she had the feeding tube in place. I just stood by the bed and cried because it just looks pitiful. Bryant and Lucy Kate did very well with the noon time and 4:00 feedings. Lucy Kate tends to spit up a lot and Bryant did tonight at the 8:00 feeding, but they are trying so hard. Bryant was able to move to his big boy crib and move into the continue care unit with Lucy Kate. I was also able to do kangaroo care with Bryant and it was so special. They are beside each other and I was able to take a picture for the first time holding both of them. Charles missed all this exciting stuff, this was his first day not to come to Memphis. He of course will be here tomorrow and we can take our first family picture. Thanks to Kamey (my mom) for all her help and taking such good care of me and the babies.

Kamey and I feeding the babies right beside each other! YEAH





This is so strange feeling and a bit overwhelming. I thank God everyday because or lives are truly filled and we are ready for all the challenges of raising these precious babies.



Kangaroo Care with Bryant



What a wonderful time in our lives



No comments: