Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Day 6 in the NICU- March 24th


Proud dad resting in the NICU
The babies are continuing to do great! Their weights are up and down but they are eating well so they should start to gain weight better. Lucy Kate is taking caffeine in her bottle once daily to help with her apnea and they are planning on discontinuing this tomorrow. She also has to keep her feedings down because she tends to spit up a lot. Charles was able to feed Bryant for the first time and he took his bottle very well. My cousin Kim was able to finally see the babies today, she was out of town and unable to get home until today. She had the opportunity to feed Lucy Kate and she was so excited. Anna Whatley and Mary Kate Wallhood drove up just to get a peek of Bryant and Lucy Kate. We took lots of photos and enjoyed a nice visit. I had decided by this point I needed a little retail therapy so mom and I went out and bought some make-up and some fat shirts. I also found a great baby bag at gap that I am using to haul stuff back and forth to the hospital. Our days pretty much go like this....... Arrive at the hospital between 10 and 10:30, help with the noon feeding and leave around 1:00. Mom, Charles and I find something to eat, rest at Kim's house and go back to the hospital at 3:30. We help with the 4:00 feeding and leave around 5:00. Charles heads back to Clarksdale and I usually try to run a few errands and get a bite to eat. Mom and I go back at 7:30 and help with the 8:00 feeding and leave around 9:30. The days go by very quickly but we are very tired. Please continue to pray for Lucy Kate and Bryant and Charles traveling back and forth.



Charles' first time to feed Bryant





No comments: