Charles and I headed for our second doctors visit of the week and we ended up at the hospital. Our ultrasound was around 9:45 and after measuring the babies she measured my cervix and it had changed from 5 cm to 1.5 cm in 3 days. This meant we were going to the hospital so they could begin medications to stop the contractions and monitor the babies. After the placement of the IV on the third try and all the monitors were placed, they tried one medication that was administered through sub-Q injections and it did not change the contractions. Next they begin to administer a 4g bolus of magnesium. I hate this medication and anyone who has ever experienced it understands why. The medication makes you very thirsty, your whole body hot, shaky, and you are unable to eat or drink. I made it through the big bolus in 30 minutes and then they did a 2g bolus every hour throughout the night. This was much easier to handle but rest was not an option, even after taking ambien. Charles said as soon as the nurse gave it to me I started talking crazy and I was seeing double and then I was out like a light, but only for 4 hours. The magnesium did the job and the contractions slowed. They took me off of that and unhooked all the cords and I am now taking meds by mouth that keep all my muscles relaxed. We will have another ultrasound in the morning and I will be checked for any change in my cervix. After this he will determine if I will stay here until the babies are born or go home with even stricter bed rest orders. I will update as soon as we know something.
The ultrasound showed that the bio physicals were perfect and the babies passed. Lucy Kate weighed in at 5 pounds and Bryant at 3.10!! They gained a lot of weight and we are very excited. The doctor really wants me to make it two more weeks, so please keep us in your prayers. I posted a few photos and you can tell I am not a very happy pregnant woman after finding out about the magnesium I would soon be
receiving.

Found out we are heading to the hospital.

Charles is trying to make me feel better and the thought of fatherhood gets him very excited.

32 week shot of the belly

In the hospital and yes I am drugged up and talking on the phone to Oxford Floral to order a great arrangement for the door in case the babies arrive.
3 comments:
PI am so glad the babies look so great and we are all praying for you! You crack me up ordering flower arrangements! And Mom asks about you at least 3 times a day. You are in our prayers!
Laura
parker (Parker had to type his name, he is thinking of the babies too!)
Lesley & Charles-Paige forwards me the link to your blog & I love looking at the pics & reading all the stories. I feel like I know you all so well since Paige keeps me updated so frequently! I have prayed for these precious babies since before they were conceived! I am so happy for you guys-looks like everything is going well. You are about the cutest pregnant woman ever! I get big as a house with one baby-you are so tiny with 2 babies! Can't wait to meet the babies! Lots of love & prayers! Brooke
Hey Lesley,
Glad to hear that the babies are doing good!! That is great news and great that your contractions have slowed down. I know how bad that magnesium is!!!! I think you can only understand just how bad that drug is if you have had to take it. I had it with both of mine after delivery because of my preeclampsia. You and the babies are definitely in our prayers. I know it is hard being on bed rest for so long but it is almost over and the rewards are unmeasurable. Please give me a call if you need some encouragement. I know it is tough. But oh my you really do look GREAT!
Ashleigh Barnes
Post a Comment