Saturday, December 12, 2009

Poor Hutch


I showed the picture of Bailey after the fight, with the duck taped ear. Poor hutch came out much worse. When we arrived home Thursday evening the side of his head was swollen and his eyes were very red. He had been scratching his ear that had been hurt in the fight. It was awful looking and Charles said it could wait until morning. I had Hutch to the vet by 9 and Dr. Grant had to sedate him so he could get the area all cleaned up. It looked really bad and I knew Hutch would continue to scratch it so I asked for a cone to be put on his head. When we left he could not walk and just looked pitiful, he stayed inside all day. He has not quite figured out what is on him and he keeps running into everything. A few days of antibiotics and ointment a few times a day and hopefully the cone can come off.

No comments: