Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thanks Be to God for Sweet Relief

We went this past Tuesday for Lucy Kate's MRI at LeBonheur. We were scheduled early so we went up and spent the night and Charles met us the next morning. We have been pretty relaxed about the whole thing but as we waited I began to feel so nervous. They came in and put in the IV which was a nightmare as she is screaming "momma". I just started crying and of course Charles was so strong and kept holding her. We were only there a few hours, but in the pit of my stomach these few hours and this one simple test could change our lives forever. We left and went on with our daily things with the hopes that we would here from the doctor very soon. Nothing on Tuesday afternoon, nothing on Wednesday and on Thursday after lunch I was becoming very impatient. Charles had already called once and then I called to leave another message. Thursday around 3:30 the nurse called Charles and told him that the test would be read the next day and she was so sorry that we were having to wait. I just wanted to cry because I was so anxious to know the results. The nurse called a little after 5:00 and she had ask the doctor to go ahead and read the MRI and it was perfect!!!!!!!!!! It was such a moment of sweet relief to know that the MRI did not show any cyst or tumors. This is all related to the spots she has and it is part of the process to make sure that tumors do not form on her nerves. We will have to do a repeat MRI in a year and continue with that for quite sometime. God knows how to keep you on your toes but his rewards and blessings and always so great.

5 comments:

Tim and Kristi Schaefer said...

Once again all I can say is God Bless You!!! I know you are excited and relieved but you have got to be so strong!!! Keep it up girl!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that everything is ok. I know it has to be hard on you, but with the power of God you will make it through. We will continue to pray for your family.

Kathy Morgan Jones said...

Praise the Lord!!! I am SO relieved our little granddaughter is ok!!!!!

The Fab Five said...

So sweet Lesley.. I love the pic of her sleeping on you. Precious times

Valerie said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is OK.