Monday, April 6, 2009

Crazy Weekend

The weekend started with Charles leaving for hunting camp Friday morning at 5:30. He was going turkey hunting and then off to hunting camp with my dad. Kate and I went to Oxford to run in the hills (practice for the race) and on the way back Vernita informed me that Bryant was extremely irritable. I knew it was an ear inection so the doctor's office called in an antibiotic and I knew this was going to be a long evening. When I arrived home from Oxford people were already scoping out the neighborhood for the big garage sale that was supposed to take place on Saturday morning. Yes, Ginger, Val, Beth and I decided to have a cove garage sale but people were coming early. I delt with that for about two hours and then I spent the rest of the evening trying to make Bryant feel better. We were up until 3:30 and I was back up at 5:30 for the garage sale! We had tons of people and everyone made a good bit of money, but it will be a very long time until I ever do that again.
I also had the oppurtunity to give my testimony at our church at a women's brunch. I was very nervous as I have not shared my testimany in depth before but the experience was wonderful. It was hard but so many people were moved by it and were able to relate to my story.
We also went to Cleveland for Laney's birthday party and to stay the night with the Shorts. Heather and Ryan had things to do so I kept the kids and we had a great time until Matthew started to throw up. I was a little nervous as we have already dealt with this and am not up for it again. We came home Sunday morning and Charles was home shortly after that, thank goodness I was due for a break.
We had some JA activities at the park and I was busy getting things together to start National JA week. Life is just crazy busy and we would not have it any other way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a crazy weekend, girl, don't know how you do it all!!!! They always seem to get those ear infections that keep them up all night when we have to be up early the next day, poor babies