Wednesday, January 7, 2009
We survived the road trip to return home to a streak of bad luck!
We returned from Texas on the 1st and things have not stopped! As soon as we arrived home I had a streak of bad luck, which started with running into the house as soon as I pulled in the driveway from being on the road for 11 hours. Let me explain, we borrowed my in-laws Car Top Luggage Carrier which was a great help, but being as tired as I was I forgot about it on top of the car. I called Charles a few minutes out from the house and ask him to get things ready to put the babies straight in the bed for the night and to have the garage open. I was so happy to be home I began to pull in the garage when I heard this horrible sound, and then I remembered the thing on top. Tears just rolled down my face because I had no idea what all I had torn up. We could not even deal with it until the next morning when we discovered we would be purchasing a new car topper for the in-laws! It was all busted up and the paint was scratched off but the car and the house were fine. The same night I arrived home Charles also informed me that Vernita (the lady who helps me) would not be able to work for us as much. This was devastating since she is such a dear friend and with her I can be normal and have some sanity. I just cried and cried!! The next morning after Charles took the thing off the car and we totaled up the damage he was ready to go, so ready that he put his truck in reverse and smacked Venita's car. No, I am not kidding he banged it up real good and now we are waiting for insurance to check all that out. I spent all day attempting to take down all the Christmas decorations which was quite a job. I have so much stuff and Charles says every year that it looks like Dillards! We also wanted to watch the rebels play so I was trying to get ready for that. Charles was running errands and I decided I needed to clean out the tub in our bathroom. I fill it with water and pour bleach in so I can clean the jets out. In the middle of this Chris shows up to watch the game and I start doing other things, do you see where I am going with this. Yes, I forgot about the bathtub until I went to take some laundry to the back and water was all over the bathroom floor. I yelled for Chris to come and help me. We were able to get it all cleaned up before any damage was done. Needless to say I sat in the floor and cried a little more. It was starting to become humorous and I new it had to get better. In all of this I have not had the opportunity to post but I am today so be prepared to catch up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh no, you guys did have a streak of bad luck. So sorry you guys had to experience all that!!!!! I hope it is over now
Post a Comment