Saturday, November 1, 2008

Very Exciting Times For The Johnsons'

I have so much to share about our family so enjoy catching up with us. This past week Bryant had surgery to remove the stints and burn granulation tissue out of his airway. The surgery went great and we were home that afternoon. The best part of the day was when Dr. Thompson informed us that we would be back on the 12th and we would be removing the trach. Tears rolled down my face as I felt a great moment of joy and accomplishment. 7 months ago I never thought I would be where I am today, WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The excitement is all for Bryant as he will be able to do whatever and not have to be bothered with everything. Please continue to pray for us as we prepare for this last surgery.


We also celebrated my sister's 18th Birthday, which just seems so unbelievable. She has become such a beautiful woman and is so talented. We will miss her so much as she will be starting a new chapter of her life in Jonesboro Arkansas at ASU. To celebrate her birthday she picked her birthday menu and I prepared the meal for everyone. It was great time with family and Emily had all of her favorite things. I decorated the table with pictures of her and a birthday sign on the door and we shared some funny memories about her.

Dad, Emily, and Mom


Emily and I on her Birthday
Friday was Halloween and the day was very busy. I had a JA project to attend so I was a little late getting the babies dressed. Thanks to Kammy they had precious monkey costumes from Pottery Barn. I also managed to get Hutch dressed as a witch and Bailey as a Hot Dog! Charles was working so Vernita was here to help me, we got them dressed took some pictures and strolled over to Mrs. Patsy's house so we could say they went trick or treating. Our neighborhood is very busy and we have tons of trick-or-treaters, so thankful Chris, Ginger, and Warner came over and Chris managed the trick-or-treaters.

Two of the cutest monkeys I have ever seen!

Lucy Kate and Bryant with Jeanie and Patsy!


The babies and I on there first Halloween

The babies are doing so wonderful and they are so happy! They love to watch me vacuum, mop, cook, and fold clothes. They are just so amazed with all of it. They still love to watch Hutch and Bailey and Lucy Kate rolls around trying to get to Bailey. They are both sitting up so well and like to watch each other. It is so funny to watch them together because they just laugh and take the toys from each other. We are so blessed and we thank God everyday for the joy He has brought into our lives.

Such a precious face!


Sitting up like a big girl


Too sweet with her Papa D


Just spending a little quality time together

Sitting up together and sharing toys







5 comments:

laurawh said...

I know I told you this already but I am so excited for Bryant! Tears just immediately came to my eyes when I got your text about the great news! I am so excited that the next time we see Bryant it will be with no trach! That is if I can keep Laney well to see her boyfriend anytime soon! By the way, you are a super mommy! They are so lucky to have you!

Love ya--
Laura

Anonymous said...

They were both adorable in their costumes! So happy for your exciting news!!!!!

Colton's Journey said...

I'm so happy to hear the GREAT news! I'm so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

WOW! They are getting so big and as cute as ever!! I'm so excited to know that the trach journey is coming to an end. We'll be thinking about you guys! Love you!

Dale said...

We have had computer trouble so I lost your blog's name. Finally, I figured it out today and have just seen the latest pictures of the gang. I am praying for the outcome of Bryant's surgery tomorrow. My Bible Study group is praying, too.

Love you, Aunt Dale