Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back To LeBonheur

He Loves his Daddy!


Yes, we were back at LeBonheur Monday morning. I noticed Saturday afternoon that Bryant's stints had moved and they were rubbing the edge of his nostrils. Sunday morning Charles called Dr. Thompson and he suggested that I try to move it back into place. Okay...... Charles was gone to work, it was 8 in the morning and this was not a task that could be done alone and so I called Val. She headed over and we attempted to reposition the stints with a pair of tweezers. We were unsuccessful and Bryant was very annoyed with us. After informing Dr. Thompson that this was impossible he concluded that we needed to be at LeBonheur at 6:30 AM Monday morning. I worked things out for Lucy Kate to stay with Vernita and Ginger while Vernita was gone to class and we left at 5AM for Memphis. At 11:00 they took him back and with light anesthesia they removed the stints, cut them off, placed them back in the nose, and stitched it back in. Charles and I were in the room for all of this but I was not able to look. During the procedure Dr. Thompson was covering Bryant's trach and his O2 levels were great, we are getting so close to having the trach removed. We were home by 2:30 but Bryant is in some pain and we are doing whatever he wants to make him feel better. We are scheduled for surgery on Oct. 29th to have the stints removed, the granulation tissue removed, and he is going to take the trach out to see how he does. This does not mean the trach is staying out but we are going to try! Please continue to pray for us as the end is coming near.
Just arriving at LeBonheur
This is around the 14 hour mark of nothing to eat or drink!

2 comments:

Missy said...

Hi Lesley! I have been a reader of your blog since I found it. I was pregnant then and was amazed at your strength and could empathize with you and your desire to be a mom! Your blog was and continues to be an inspiration to me and shows me again and again the wonders of God's love!! Your family has been and continues to be in my thoughts and prayers! Maybe one day when we are home visiting, we can have a play date with the kids. Take care!!
:) Missy Pitts Walters (I included my maiden name in case you didn't know who I was!)

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart Lesley. I know you are so ready for this chapter to be over with! I have been thinking about your family and sweet little Bryant and praying that things go well. He is so precious and such a little fighter! Give him lots of kisses from us. We love you guys!