Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What a Day (Wednesday September 10, 2008)

The alarm clock went off at 5:20 and I didn't stop until we got home at 4:30 (and yet I still never really stopped). Bryant had an appointment at LeBonheur for a CT scan at 9:00 and they like you to be there 30 minutes early, so we were. I always have to have help so my sweet friend Ginger was able to go and help out today. I had to be in the back with Bryant so she kept Lucy Kate in the waiting room, a bit of a challenge. If you have never been around Lucy Kate she is extremely HIGH MAINTENANCE!!! The CT scan was horrible, they had Bryant strapped down and they were suctioning his nose to make sure the mucus was all cleared away. He was going crazy on the table and he just wanted his mommy. All I could do was talk to him and rub his head, after about 20 minutes he calmed down enough to complete the CT scan. We will know the results next week, this is just part of the procedure to get us closer to getting the trach out. After the CT scan we headed over to Germantown to see the ENT, Bryant was once again bothered as they burned the granulation tissue. He is going to be so tough! We ran some errands, grabbed some lunch, stopped in Southaven and then headed home. I am so thankful that Ginger was able to go and we appreciate her help so much!

1 comment:

The Lively's said...

can't believe we didn't take any pictures of me with the high maintenance little girl. i had so much fun...and love those babies so much!