Monday, September 22, 2008

Last Weeks ENT Report

The weekly ENT trip was last week and I just now have the opportunity to blog about it. The appointment was to go over the CT scan results and burn the granulation tissue underneath the trach. I could not even look at Dr. Thompson while he was reading the report because I was so nervous. The scan showed that the back part of the nasal cavity is all open and no surgery for that part is needed, great news! Although in the front part of the nasal cavity it needs to be opened up with surgery. They will put stints in his nose and they will remain in for 2 to 3 weeks and then the trach will come out 2 weeks after that. We are looking at the middle of November for the removal of the trach. The CT scan also showed that we will be facing some dental issues in the future but nothing that we can not have fixed. Please continue to pray for our family as we are coming to the end of this journey.

No comments: