Thursday, August 21, 2008

We Can See the Light!!

Our prayer has been that Bryant's nose would open up on its own and God has started to answer these prayers. We had our weekly ENT appointment and Dr. Thompson wanted to run the catheter in his nose to see if anything had opened up. As I am holding Bryant down and he is going crazy, he inserts the catheter and it goes all the way in on the left side. Its OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a huge deal as it was barely open 4 months ago. Now the right side, it was completely blocked 4 months ago and now it has a small slit. Again the excitement is overwhelming as I can see the light at the end of this VERY long tunnel. Of course I immediately ask if we could take the trach out today and the answer was no, but it is coming out soon. The timeline is now dependent on the results of his swallow study that will be done next Wednesday. Bryant has been aspirating and the trach has helped us in keeping it out of his lungs, so in this situation we need the trach. The MBS will allow us to see exactly what is causing him to aspirate and what we need to do to correct this problem. We are so thankful and give all the praise to God as He is continuing to answer our prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!! I am so happy for you guys and I know that God is watching over Bryant. I am plannig on coming home in two weeks so I'll call you in the next few days to see if we can all get together. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Question - How did you make your blog list where you can view the last post from each blog? I've been trying to figure that out and am not making any progress.

Sarah said...

What a beautiful family, thank you for sharing !

Colton's Journey said...

I'm so happy that the progress is visible! I hope the MBS goes well!!! You're always in our thoughts in prayers!