Thursday, May 1, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We were finally discharged from the hospital after 14 long days. We had a little trouble trying to get out of there because they wanted us to do this 24 hour care thing and we needed one piece of equipment from home to complete the training. Charles an I were upset because it was all miscommunication between us and the respiratory therapists. After speaking with lots of different people they told us we could not leave because it was against hospital policy. We finally spoke with Dr. Thompson and he signed us out of that place. Don't get my wrong I am very thankful for the care they provided Bryant and the nurses were so nice, but we were very ready to get home and back to somewhat of a normal life. We have all of Bryant's medical equipment set up and all the supplies order. I just thought we needed a lot of stuff before, this trach business adds new meaning to that. My mom is staying with us until Sunday and hopefully by then we will have found someone that can start helping me during the day. Bryant needs to be watched 24 hours a day and I can only do so much. Anyways, we are so excited to be home and I am so grateful for Rachel, Julie B. and Ginger for coming over and cleaning the house before we got home yesterday, thanks girls!

3 comments:

laurawh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laurawh said...

I am so happy ya'll are home!!

Laura

The Barnes said...

praise God! I am so glad yall are home.
Ashleigh