Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What a day

Bryant is doing well and we are waiting to move to the floor and they will begin to train us in trach care. The day has been a roller coaster ride and we are doing better now. This morning everything looked great and he has been doing well with his O2 levels and his heart rate. They tend to change when he is in pain or gets mad, but other than that he is very strong. This afternoon Charles and I were sitting at his bedside waiting for respiratory therapy to start our training and the resident came by to inform us of the results of Bryant's skeletal x-ray. He informed us that Bryant had some syndrome known as caudal-regression syndrome, which meant that he was missing vertebra's S3-5. Charles and I were trying to ask questions and he proceeded to tell us that a genetics doctor would come by and speak with us in the morning. We requested that we speak to someone and sure enough the resident had things messed up. Bryant is missing his tailbone but this is not a big deal he does not have a syndrome and nothing to worry with at this time. We are concerned with his airway and the future CT scan to show exactly what is going on behind that little nose. Things are better now that we have that behind us and we are moving up to the floor. Charles and I are allowed to stay in the room with him and we will have a trach sitter tonight.
Lucy Kate is doing great with her Nana and Kammy taking care of her. She just eats and naps and is starting to wake up a little more. She misses her brother and really doesn't know why we are dragging her all over the place. Please continue to pray for our family as we are about to travel down this new road in our lives.

1 comment:

Rachel Trimm-Scarbrough said...

Hey Les! So glad to hear he is doing better and y'all are all together again! I know that it must be tough, but hang in there and know you have all of us praying for you! You know that I will help you however I can, just let me know when Jennie and I need to come up there for the training. Can't wait for y'all to get home! I miss y'all!