Sunday, April 20, 2008

Our sweet Baby Boy

I wanted to let everyone know what is going on with Bryant. We came to Memphis this past Thursday for an ENT appointment. Bryant has always grunted and wheezed while breathing and his palate looked a little different to me, so we wanted to see a pediatric ENT. Our appointment was at 1:30 and we were at LeBoneur by 6:30 that same day. Dr. Thompson broke the news to me at the ENT office that Bryant needed to have a trach put in. This was extremely overwhelming and not at all what we expected to hear. After the ambulance ride to LeBoneur they got Bryant all set up in the ICU and the surgery was done Friday morning. I have cried so many tears but we know this is what he needed. All day Friday he was sedated and on a vent to keep things easy for him. The surgery went well and we are waiting for him to get strong and move to the other part of the ICU. They will soon start training us on Trach care and we will take him home sometime in the next 2 weeks. This is the start of a long road but we know that God is watching over us and this is part of His great plan for Bryant. Please pray for our family and I will try to keep the blog updated.

3 comments:

laurawh said...

Ya'll are always in my prayers and Bryant is one special little boy and God will see him through this. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Laura

The Barnes said...

Your family will be in our prayers! I know Bryant will make a fantastic recover! I am so sorry that yall are having to go through this.


"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, th eFather of compassion and the God of all comfort. who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have recieved from God."
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Sarah Largen said...

Lesley,
Was just talking to Heather-I am praying for you. I know your world is upside down right now-praying that you feel God's presence & Him taking care of you. I'll tell the girls in my bible study to pray for your sweet family tonight.

Sarah