Friday, August 6, 2010

An Update

Bryant
I just sigh sometimes when I think of all the crazy things he does everyday. He is a typical two and half year old boy that drives me CRAZY!!!! When he wakes in the morning you never know the exact nature of his mood. If he has been woken up by a crying baby or by his twin sister he is ill and already crying about the situation. If he woke on his own he is in a great mood and either jumping on his bed or laying at the door sticking his hands out and yelling "momma". He eats anything you put in front of him, loves to watch Mickey Mouse, count, sing, read, play in his room, play OUTDOORS (obsessed with it), and go naked! He brings so much joy to our life and his personality just gets better and better everyday. He is so tough and just keeps going no matter what. Because of this it makes discipline very difficult. He is not bothered by how many times he is spanked or sitting in timeout. He is not old enough to take things away so I am still trying to figure out how to get to this kid sometimes.

Lucy Kate
She is such a little princess and loves to boss everyone around. Her speech is so advanced and she can talk about anything with anyone. Some of the things she says just make us laugh and make me realize how much she really does listen. She wakes up in a mellow mood most mornings and usually talking about food. She loves to talk about snack and supper all day long but she really does not eat that much. Milk and green beans are her two favorite things and of course a butter sandwich(peanut butter). When we get ready in the mornings she must have her bow to get her day started properly (I just love this because the bigger the bow the better)! She loves to ask where everyone is and what everything is and usually ask each question about 10 times. As I am running around the house she just follows me asking "where daddy, where Kammy, where Johndrew(our neighbor) and so on. After this she begins pointing to everything and asking "what that?" rather she knows the answer or not. She is very interested in everything I do with Emma and ask tons of questions. She loves Mickey Mouse, talking, cleaning, calling daddy on the phone, going to wal-mart, and playing on the water slide. She is such a blessing and we are go grateful each and everyday.

Emma
She is 6 weeks old and growing so quickly. She is starting to hold her head up and smile at us sometimes. She has her own schedule that drives me nuts because each day is so different. I am going to give her about 3 more weeks of freedom and then it is scheduling time! She absolutely loves her DADDY and wants to be next to him all the time. Nursing is going great, she loves her swing and bouncy seat, but does not care for floor time. Bryant and Lucy Kate are beginning to show a lot of interest in her and want to love her a little too much. She will go for her two month checkup in a couple of weeks. In the meantime she will just be hanging out eating and sleeping.

...........As for Charles and I we are exhausted! We feel like everything we do is a mad dash and to be on time again would be a miracle. He is such a great husband and helps out so much. He will take Emma just to give me a break and spends so much time with Bryant and Lucy Kate. We have enjoyed him getting home early in the evenings but that will end soon. I have started back running to give myself some me time. I am so thankful for each and everyday with my wonderful family, but sometimes I just want to run away for a little peace and quite!!! Just a mom of three and I would not have it any other way!

1 comment:

charlee crowley english said...

glad everyone is doing so well! I know you must be exhausted!!

the whole part about bryant wanting to go naked reminds me so much of emily - i feel like when she was a baby, she was naked every time we turned around! must be genetic!!!!