Begin to walk into den and see a greasy hand print on floor
First thought someone spit up
Further investigation finds Bryant covered in bubbles with some running down his face
Grab him run to sink to wash his mouth out
Think "it was only bubbles" check bottle and it states "not for human consumption"
Find phone and was so fumble fingered trying to call poison control could not get it to work
Run outside to see if Val is home, sprint to her house.
Throw Bryant at her and then remembered I have another child, oh crap!
Finally get the phone to work and this is the conversation
PC: Yes this is poison control how can I help you
Me: I have a 17 month old male about 25 pounds who has drank bubbles
PC: What is his name and date of birth
Me: Charles Bryant Johnson III, 3-19-08
PC: Yes and what is your concern
Me: He drank bubbles and the bottle says not for human consumption
PC: Yes mam, how much
Me: Not sure is was an 8oz bottle and it is all gone, some on the floor some on him and pretty sure he swallowed some
PC: How long was he alone ?
Me: I don't know 5 minutes, I am trying to cook......Look lady can he die from swallowing bubbles?
PC: I have never heard of anyone dying from drinking bubbles
Me: That is all I need to know
PC: It is made up of detergent and water, but do you know how many swallows he took
Me: I have no idea
PC: Can you estimate for me
Me: I have not idea, half the bottle
PC: So about how many swallows
Me: Oh my Lord, 15 (I want share what I was thinking b/c it is ugly)
PC: okay mam he will be fine just watch for vomiting and diarrhea, if this begins go to the emergency room.
Back over to Val's and all he had done was a little burping, never affected the child. Scared me to death and the time has come that I can not do anything else while they are awake. All eyes are on them every waking minute and it is wearing me out! Just had to share this funny event with everyone
I am still trying to get this funk off the floor
2 comments:
Good Lord Lesley!! Bless your heart, but you have to admit this is a funny story. And YEA!! for Bryant! I am so excited that he is walking now! How do you make that picture collage you always do? I always post so many pictures, I need to learn how to condense them.
Lesley, that is sooo crazy because I had to call them once for Pepper and that is exactly the questions she asked me. Must be their list of questions. Russ kept picking on me afterwards saying they got your name, her name and date of birth. They are gonna send child protective services to the house to make sure you are taking good care of her!!!! HA! We are only human and cannot watch them every second. You are a great mother!!!
Post a Comment