We just got back from Tomball, TX and we had a great time. Mom, Emily, Bryant, Lucy Kate and I loaded up and made the 11 hour drive to see my Uncle Henry and Aunt Dale. As soon as we arrive the babies had to check out all the kitchen cabinets and drawers.
The next morning it was off to the grocery store, which I love because they are so nice and have everything. I was in heaven with all the organic foods and all the selections! We also made a stop at the cutest toy store, they had it all. I came home with a baby doll for Lucy Kate (her first) and Aunt Dale bought the babies puzzles and this bead maze thing.
He loved it and it is perfect for working on fine motor skills
Monday night we went with Uncle Henry and Jay to the Astros/Cardinals game. We had a great time and the stadium is so nice. My mom was loving every minute as she is a huge sports fan.
Tuesday we decided to venture out to IKEA!! Before we made it to the store we found a place to grab lunch. Lucy Kate was in the mood to give out kisses to everyone! On to IKEA, the store is unbelievable and it has everything you need to decorate your entire house. It was like a maze as you twist through the store and there is no going back to get something you missed. You better put it in the basket and keep on going. We were in the store for about 3 hours and in that time we managed to loose Lucy Kate's bow (I had to leave the fam and venture back to find it and I had success), loose a shoe, we even lost the cart, mom had a nervous breakdown (lack of caffeine) and no nap for the babies! I made a promise to myself I would never return unless I had a specific purpose in mind.
I brought along my Delta magazine so we could have pizza night. They had a great recipe for cooking pizza on the grill and they turned out great once we got the hang of it. A lot of pam is the main thing and following the directions all the way through. Everyone put on their own toppings and it was delicious.
We headed out for Mexican one evening. They had a guy walking around singing so Aunt Dale and Lucy Kate got a quick dance in before we were seated. They always do really well in restaurants but Lucy Kate was a bit much that evening. She did not want to eat anything and she kept throwing everything on the floor, she was driving me crazy.
Mom and Aunt Dale went back to the toy store and came home with puppets, books, and balls that glow. Bryant is really into the puppets. They also loved the dogs, Maverick and Marley
I brought along the caterpillar tunnel and Emily decided to crawl inside and make it come alive. Bryant was amazed and kept crawling around her to see what was going on.
It actually rained a little while we were visiting so it was thundering a little. Marley is scared to death of thunder and he found great comfort in Emily's lap. All 100 pounds of him right on top of you and he does not budge until all the thunder is long gone.
Back to the kitchen and this time they brought Aunt Dale along. What kid does not love to drag out all the bowls and get into every single thing!
After bringing the baby doll home to Lucy Kate, I could see that Bryant needed a "doll" so we found him Handy Manny and that seemed to keep him happy and Lucy Kate could keep her baby doll.
Uncle Sonny is so much help and he took the babies "riding" during the witching hour so we could get dinner all ready
We always take this shot each time we are together!
No comments:
Post a Comment