Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Yuck

Yuck is the perfect way to describe the past few days at our home. I awoke Sunday morning around 4 AM and new that something was wrong. As I lay in the bathroom floor to be close to the toilet I new I was about to be the next victim of the stomach flu, which has taken over Clarksdale. It hit at 5:15 AM and I would get about 30 minute break between times of severe sickness. I slept in the floor until the babies awoke and Charles went to take care of them, did not want to take a chance in getting Charles sick. I called me parents very early and my dad was over to help with the babies. My day was horrible and I was unable to keep anything down so this resulted in cold sweats, laying out on the bathroom floor, my thumbs turning in, and horrible cramps in my arms. It hurt so bad and Charles was trying to stretch my hands out, he called a nurse friend and she came and set me up with IV fluids. It made a huge difference and I was able to get some sleep. I am so thankful to my mom and dad, Charles and Vernita for taking care of the babies. I was able to function again today and I hope I never become that victim again! Now we pray that the babies do not get it.

3 comments:

laurawh said...

Yuck..yuck..yuck!! Glad you are better and I hope they don't get it either but maybe they won't since that was Sunday! That is an awful thing to have!

Valerie said...

Oh no!!
I hope you feel better soon and the little ones don't get it.

Tim and Kristi Schaefer said...

Hey girl!
I was so sad that I didnt' get to run into you like Melinda and Charli did! Now, for the secret...you have to let me in on how after having twins you are so DARN skinny! Yep, they told me!!!! I want to know the secret!!! :)