Bryant and Lucy Kate's food is a huge priority to me at this point in there lives. I am very picky about what they eat and since I stay at home I feel a responsibility to make sure everything they eat is as good as it can be for them. Of course we take our daily vitamins and iron but I want to make sure what they eat has some nutritional value. I found a cook cookbook for babies and toddlers, the recipes are wonderful! I have made all of the things in this cookbook for their age range, so I am trying to find some more stuff. Starting out I did all the Gerber baby food and then began moving to the graduates and one day I decided to really start reading those labels and it is very disturbing. The manufacturers put so much junk in the stuff that all the healthy things are sucked out. It takes much longer to make out a grocery list and to do the shopping but I love knowing that what they put in there mouths is good for them! If anyone has any suggestions for healthy recipes or knows any websites about it please let me know. Some people think I am crazy for being so picky but hopefully this will help my children in the long run and they want be such picker eaters!
5 comments:
I completely agree with you and it gets harder the older they get. If you really take the time to do this now and introduce them to healthy foods, they are more likely to eat better growing up. I also agree with not having junk food in the house at all, then it isn't there to tempt them. I do not have any recipes or book specifically for kids or toddlers. I cook a lot out of Saving Dinners. What book have you been using?!
I did that with Emma when she was a baby. It was fun and rewarding. I'm still picky but relaxed way more than i'd like now. I have a great cook book for puree's.. I'll unearth it if your still into that? Let me know!
Lucy
I think that is a great idea!! Please let us know what cookbook it is. You are such a great mommy!
There's a great website: www.wholesomebabyfood.com.
I've been making my own food but so far all I've been doing is basic puree's. I can't wait until I can get creative and introduce proteins and meats.
Go to target and get a fresh food feeder set by Munchkin. It is so stressful making sure you are feeding your kids the right stuff. It gets easier. I gave Mason the gerber foods but only the organic fruits and veggies. He would not eat those stage three meals!!
Post a Comment