The point of our trip to Memphis was to go see the physical therapist and the ENT. The babies were seen by Jodie and Mary (who are so wonderful) and they were pleased with their progress. We have been discharged from therapy in Memphis and will continue in Clarksdale for a few months. Lucy Kate and Bryant are just working on strength and trunk control, they would be fine without the therapy but a little extra never hurt anyone. Thursday we took Bryant to the ENT and they burned the granulation tissue. He cries so hard and it physically makes me sick at my stomach to see him in pain. We had our weekly visit with Dr. Thompson and I always ask so many questions. The CT scan is in October and I think we will end up doing surgery and the trach will be out in October. I have researched the diagnosis and surgery is the final answer in correcting the problem, we should have never done the trach. I have so many mixed emotions about the topic and it is hard to think we did not fail Bryant, but we are learning and things are going to soon be "normal".
No comments:
Post a Comment