Friday, May 2, 2008

Doctor's Visit

Lucy Kate went to the doctor today for a check up and she weighed 6 pounds 13 ounces. This was great but the pediatrician wants her to gain a little more weight a little quicker before we return in two weeks. She is changing her formula that she gets at night to 24 calorie, but said I could still nurse her. Some things Lucy Kate has been doing lately, led Dr. Pillow to diagnose her with GERD (reflux). Lucy Kate now has 2 medicines she will be taking daily and one is 3x a day. I couldn't help but laugh because my life revolves a round a daily check list and now we need to add this to the list. Things are going well with Bryant and he is such a laid back baby, which is great because Lucy Kate is not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. It's just one thing after another. Madelyn has reflux too, so I can sympathize with you on that one. We have just had to keep trying things to see what combination of formula and medicine works best. I'm sending you a copy of that feeding chart I told you about. I'm just going to type it up and email it to you. I'll try to send it this afternoon.
Andrea

The Barnes said...

That's the difference in a boys and girls...boys are soo laid back. Sorry to hear that LK has reflux. Lily Grace had it also. It WILL get better the older she gets. Yall are still in our prayers. I love being able to keep up with how yall are doing!