It is hard to believe that today is Bryant and Lucy Kate's original due date. In the 5 weeks that they have been with us we have only been home for 2 of those weeks. We spent the first 10 days in the NICU at Baptist Women's Hospital, discharged on March 28th. We drove away from that hospital and never planned on returning to another, we were headed home to start our new lives. Things were really going well at home and everyone was adjusting to the new life style. Bryant and Lucy Kate were eating well and on a great schedule. Our baby nurse was coming at night to help us out and allow us to get some sleep, motherhood was really looking great. As a mother all you want to do is protect your precious babies and make sure they never have to endure any pain. We were home for about 2 weeks and we were scheduled for an ENT appointment on April 16th for Bryant. On April 17th Bryant was in surgery having a trach placed. I never imagined this is what we would be doing and as sit by his bedside each night I pray and cry. I have yet to accept that Bryant has received a trach and that I will soon be sent home with him and I am supposed to take care of him. I am scared to death and I pray each and every day for the strength to make it through this time in our lives. I would give anything to trade places with Bryant and take all his pain away.
No comments:
Post a Comment