We made it through the night and it was not an easy task. The hormones were raging and I just wanted my precious angels with me. I am able to call the NICU anytime that I want so that helps to know how they are doing all hours of the night. We have had so many visitors and we love it! Today Heather Short came to visit and was able to see the babies, we also had Jennifer stop by for a visit. They were so excited to see the babies and we were happy to see them. We are just so thankful to God for providing us with this amazing time in our lives. We have so much to be thankful for and the NICU is only going to be for a short period of time, so we are thankful they are as healthy as they are. Bryant had to have a procedure done that placed an arterial line in his belly button so it will be easier to draw blood and get his IV fluids. He was also seen by the ENT to make sure he did not have any blockage in the nasal cavity. Everything checked out great and then the cardiologists came to see him. His checkup was clear and things are looking great. Bryant sometimes has a little trouble with his heart rate and breathing because he does not know how to calm himself down. Lucy Kate has the feeding tube in place to help with her feedings. If she is unable to finish her bottle they will finish it in her tube. This is not a big deal and just ensures that she is getting enough food. They also use the tube to draw the residual off of her belly from the previous feeding before her next feeding.
Every time you go to the NICU you must scrub in for one minute with soap and water, dry hands, rub alcohol on your hands, and call into the NICU so they will let you in. Once you get in you must put on a gown and gloves, parents do not have to wear gloves.
My first time to feed Lucy Kate and it was so special
Daddy holding Bryant's hand
Daddy with his beautiful little girl!
Bryant is sleeping and looks so precious.
Snapshots from our day in the NICU

5 comments:
Congratulations, I am so happy for ya'll. They are just precious! I can't wait to see them!!!
Laura
What a great story in the life of 2 precious little ones. They will love hearing these stories one day and seeing the pictures of how tiny they were in the beginning. You get some good rest now so that you can take over when they come home. God has truly blessed you and Charles. We are praying for you and the 2 newest little Johnsons!
They are beautiful! Congratulations! I bet it is a little hard right now for them not to be right beside you. You all are in my prayers. I am so happy for you and Charles.
Haley
YEAH! I am so glad the babies are here! They are absolutely beautiful and I am dying to meet them! I hope to see them soon! Keep up the good work, Little Mama!
Miss you and love you!
Rachel, Jason, Grayton, and Riley Kate
Congrats! They are beautiful! Your little family will continue to be in our prayers!
Ashleigh
Post a Comment