Friday, March 21, 2008

The Arrival of Lucy Kate and Bryant

As many of you have heard Bryant and Lucy Kate have arrived! I will give you the rundown of how things got started and what we have been doing. Last week the doctor let me go to partial bed rest, so of course I probable did a little more than I needed too. We celebrated my birthday over the weekend, went to the doctor on Monday morning, and made plans to go to Cleveland to the Punkin Path on Tuesday. Ginger called me that morning to let me know Warner was sick and that we could go on Wednesday morning. I was fine with that becasue I was feeling a little yucky myself. I was up during the night Monday night with contractions but I figured I could wait until Thursday. I laid around all day Tuesday and that night I was having contractions again. I got up and took a shower around 2:30 and woke Charles up, he wanted me to call the doctor before we headed out to Memphis. I called Dr. Homsi around 3:30 and he suggested waiting and coming into the office at 8:00 a.m. I laid in the bed and tried to sleep which was an impossible task and I was up again at 6:00 so we could head out. I woke Charles up and we loaded up the car and headed to Memphis. When I arrived at the doctor I was in a lot of pain and was 3 cm. dilated. He said "we are going to have babies today in about 2 hours." We were so excited and started calling family so they could get to the hospital. We checked in at the hospital and by 11:47 we had Bryant and at 11:48 Lucy Kate was here. They were delivered by C-section because they were breech and transverse. I was extremely nervous about everything but my sweet husband was by my side. The babies were taken straight to the NICU and all I got was a glimpse of them. I was in recovery for a while as they watched my blood pressure and waited for the feeling to come back in my legs. As soon as I could wiggle my legs we could roll through the NICU and look at the babies. We were so excited to see them and they were doing great!
Family and Friends waiting for Lucy Kate and Bryant!

No comments: