Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Many trips to the Doctor

After finding out we were expecting, we had to go to the fertility doctor each week until I was 10 weeks pregnant. Charles was able to go to most of the doctor's appointments and we would have ultrasounds each time to make sure the babies were growing properly. It was during this time that we learned that Baby C was not going to fully develop. They explained to us that the sack would begin to shrink and my body would absorb the sack. Charles and I were okay with this because we still felt so blessed to have Baby A and Baby B. After 10 weeks I began going to my regular OB and a maternal fetal specialists. We were going each week to one doctor or the other because they were watching my cervix very closely. I continued to work full time until the OB requested that I work part time and rest the other half of the day. Of course I did exactly what he said and that was the start of partial bed rest.

No comments: